Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Day!

Today was my first official day as an Einstein Fellow.  I wanted to make sure I was there on time so I set my alarm for 5:15 a.m.  Out the door by 7:15 to walk to the Metro.  Stepped off the Metro at 8:07.  It took me longer than I thought it would.  Good thing I gave myself extra time.  Could have saved myself some time if I had skipped breakfast, but how was I to know that they were going to feed us.

Morning was filled with orientation.  Introductions. How to fill out forms.  Dos and don'ts.  Calendars.  Then they bring lunch.  Then off to the Einstein statue photo shoot.  Some of us elected to walk the 8 blocks.  It was very hot and we were all in suits, but the walk was welcomed.  Lots of publicity pictures.  I took a couple with my camera so I could share with you.


This is me by the Albert Einstein Statue.

Then we hopped into taxis and went to the Buca di Beppo restaurant in Dupont Circle.  It was incredible.  They served us family style.  
Two different salads
Fried mozzarella cheese
Thin crust pizza
Chicken linguini
Shrimp penne
Egg plant parmesan
Green beans
Broccoli
Two different desserts
Everything was served in courses with lots of wine.  I had to try everything (except the wine).  I was so full to bursting.  Eight block walk to and from the Metro to get home helped.  In bed by 11 p.m.  Busy day tomorrow.  

5 comments:

Mike & Anna said...

you look cute in your suit. Too bad we didn't get your hair cut.

Bonnie said...

What a great year this will be. SO glad we can follow your adventure by blog.

Brenda in DC said...

Thanks Bonnie. By the way, got to stay with the kids in Iowa on the way here. Love those little girls!

wesley said...

thanks for calling Brenda.. what a wonderful surprise. I will get Katie and Eli's info to you real soon

wesley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.