Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Day in Virginia

After a busy three days of orientation activities for all of the Einstein Fellows, I have a four day holiday.  Friday I ventured out in my car again to drive to Manassas, Virginia to spend a couple of days with Marcus and his family.  Since I had already driven there once before, I thought I had it down pat.  Well, I missed my exit on Route 66 and got lost.  I took the next exit and mistakenly thought I could just get on 66 in the other direction and get off at the next exit and I would be fine.  It does not work that way here.  After about an hour, I finally found my way to Marc's.  I will not go out again without my map!

Spent all Saturday afternoon playing frisbee golf at Burke Lake Park.  It was a beautiful day!  Blue sky with a few fluffy clouds.  Not too hot.  None of us were very good (Marc way out-played us all) but it was great to be out of the city and outside.








We forgot the camera, so these pictures are from a cell phone.  


1 comment:

wesley said...

I hope you went to the manassas battle field.. Lots of good historical information.. I spent a whole day there with our civil war class.