Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday

Busy day today.  Walked to church this morning.  It is about 8 blocks.  I am very lucky that it is so close to me.  Some people in the ward must drive long distances.  The building does not look like a Boise LDS chapel.  There are no windows and no adornment, inside or out.  You sit on folding chairs in the chapel. But the people are very nice and have welcomed me.  I have a Home Teacher already and been invited to several activities.

Street View

View from parking lot.
In the afternoon, a woman from church invited me to go to the National Symphony on the Capitol lawn.  But first I walked through the Botanic Gardens.  They are located next to the reflecting pool in front of the Capitol.  Very nice.  I should have been a Botanist.












The symphony was wonderful.  It was cool enough that I even wore a jacket after the sun went down.





No comments: