Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Orientation Continues

What a day!  I am starting to get to know the other Einstein Fellows.  There are 32 this year.  More than they have ever had in one year.  Eight of them are returnees from last year.  Today they bused us to the Potomac Overlook Regional Park.  The park is about 70 acres.  I was a little disappointed that we never got to see the Potomac River!  We were given lots of information.  A main topic was code of ethics and confidentiality.  They really take this serious.  After lunch, it was more meetings.  It was warm and my tummy was full and my head began to nod.  I managed to pull it together and stay awake, but it was a struggle.
Walking to meetin house in Potomac Overlook Park.


The best part of the day was a Metro - DC scavenger hunt.  We had to take the metro all over Capitol Hill and find and record with a camera the list of items.  My team won!!  We had a great time.  Here are some of the pictures I took.
Kennedy Center Shuttle

In front of White House

That is the Capitol building way in the distance.




6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun. I'm so glad you're blogging your adventures!

Leila said...

They sure are keeping you guys busy. I love the Einstein picture.

Jon said...

Who are all those handsome men I keep seeing you with?

Brenda in DC said...

:-) Married. But thanks for the encouragement. :D

Anonymous said...

Imagine running across that street trying to not be a firetruck statistic. Your no U-turn photo reminds me of critical care moments:)

Thanks for all of your efforts on this blog. I can hear your voice, and it is missed! jmlbi

Unknown said...

I am impressed with your ability to blog. And it's a great blog. Glad you are enjoying it.

did you find your flat on your own or did the organization find it for you? It's beautiful! Do you have to pay much for parking?

Keep in touch. You are now bookmarked on my work computer!!!