Thursday, September 9, 2010

Getting started at NSF

This week I have started at the National Science Foundation (NSF).  I work under the Directorate for Computer & Information Science & Engineering (CISE) in the Division of Computer and Network Systems (CNS).  The program I work on is called Pathways to Revitalized Undergraduate Computing Education (CPath).   My program director is Dr. Harriet Taylor.  I have to look it up several times a day because it is such a mouthful and I never get it right.

I have spent the last two days getting my computer set up, learning how to use Outlook, and trying to get through security clearance.  I was supposed to get finger printed today, but after waiting for an hour, they would not do it because my two forms of required identification do not match.  On my drivers license, I am Brenda Lee Gardunia.  On my passport, I am Brenda L Gardunia.  They must match exactly to be usable.  Luckily they said they would take my social security card as ID even if it does not match exactly.  Wait until they learn that I do not have any finger prints!!

After work I found another farmers market.  This one is small, but right outside my workplace.  I bought food for supper without any extra walking.


Tonight I had a very good supper of green beans with a little bacon, big slice of homemade bread, and bread and butter pickles.  It was very good.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Fresh dinner--sounds simply delicious!