Thursday, December 22, 2011

Random happenings and pics


I was walking down Capitol Hill and took this picture of the Capitol Building in winter.


I was walking to the Woodrow Wilson Center for Scholars to listen to some of the Einstein Fellows that were on a panel discussing how much it benefits teachers, students, and scientists when they form partnerships and scientists come to the classroom.  


Went to a holiday get together at a friends house and Memphis Gold was there with his guitar.  He is a blues musician and he entertained us with his music, stories, and humor.  


Wanted to see the model train display at the botanic garden, but it was rather disappointing.   Because it is almost Christmas, I took a picture of this plant from which frankincense is made.  I think is comes from the sap.

I drove my car today determined to find the Mormon Temple.  It is a little hard to get to, but I made it.  I spent a couple of hours at the visitor center.  It is a very beautiful building.  Now that I know I can get there, I will return more often.



No comments: