Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011


Being an Einstein Fellow for a second Christmas has been an incredible experience, but this year I was anxious to return to Idaho and be with family for a few days.  I flew on Christmas day, all day!!  My taxi came to take me to the airport at 5 am., flew to Phoenix and then to Denver.  The Boise leg of my trip was delayed and this was my view for quite awhile.


Notice that there was no snow in Denver either.  Finally we were off to Boise where I rented a car and made my way to Anna's new house in Nampa.  In all, my trip was more than 15 hours, but it was worth it to be with people I love for a few days.  


Anna's house is very close to Lake Lowell and we walked with the kids and ate peanut butter sandwiches and threw rocks into the water. 




























Madilyn wanted to be right with the boys.  It won't be long before she is throwing rocks in the lake too.


I also drove to Twin and spent a couple of days with Jon's family.  They all love baby Jane.  She has done a lot of growing in one month.


I also got to be with my mom and Bob and also Richard.  Idaho was beautiful.  Driving a car was fun.  I rarely drive in DC and it is usually stressful.  All too soon it was time to return to DC.  I love my job here, my boss is wonderful, but in six months it will be finished and I will be looking at what comes next.  Time does go fast.

No comments: