Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A weekend with Marcus and family in NY

Last Friday I took a day off from work and road the train to see Marcus and Heidi and girls.  I was on the train at 6:30 am and I got to the Albany, NY station about 1:00 pm.  I changed trains at Penn station in NYC.  Most of the trip is along the Hudson River.  These are some pictures I took from the train window.



It has been awhile since I have seen Marc's family.  I had not seen their home since they moved to NY.  We did a lot of hiking.  It is beautiful where they live with lots of lakes and hiking trails close by.  The girls made sure that I a big serving of hugs and lots of laughter.






When we hiked to a waterfall near Lake George, there was this tree trying to grow on solid rock.  It was an example of determination and tenacity. 


On Sunday morning, Marcus and I left the rest of the family to sleep in and we hiked around this wonderful lake that is about five miles from their home.  It took us about an hour and was a great start to the day.  The weather was crisp, but not cold.  





1 comment:

Bryana said...

That looks so pretty! How fun.