Thursday, October 13, 2011

Idaho Council of Teachers of Mathematics

October 5, I flew to Idaho to attend the ICTM conference in Idaho Falls.  I rented a car in Boise and then drove to Idaho Falls.  My surprise was when the economy car I ordered turned out to be a new Ford Mustang.  It has really been fun driving this week.


Notice the snow.  While I was in Idaho Falls, they had their first snow fall of the year.  It snowed about 5 inches before the day was through.  I stayed at my cousin Sharon's house and she fixed a great dinner for me and her daughter, Merrelee's family.  I had such a nice evening laughing and telling stories with them.


While at the math conference, I had the opportunity to present a workshop for teachers. It is a great hands-on lesson on functions that students really enjoy using string and water.

No comments: