Thursday, March 3, 2011

Busy Week

On Wednesday I was a part of a panel discussion at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.  The topic was Business and Industry Partnerships with Schools.  We were to discuss the role that businesses play in the classroom as the United States faces the challenge of ensuring that students are college and career-ready.  Each of us were introduced and then we took a few minutes to state our views.  The rest of the time was spent with people of the audience asking us questions and giving comments.  I was pretty nervous and got very little sleep the night before as I kept thinking about what I was going to say during the panel discussion.  



It was a good discussion.  I lost my nervousness soon after it started.  The complete session was video recorded.  I will put up a link where you can watch it if you want, as soon as it is posted.   It was a good experience, but it went a little long.  Don't feel bad if you don't watch the whole thing.  I was getting a little bored myself before the end and I was on the panel!!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda,
Aren't you going to Idaho soon? You may want to take a hard look at everything that is happening in the Idaho Legislature. There isn't a clear picture as to the impact to BSD teachers, however, continuing contracts are no more in Idaho....those who already hold them MAY continue to have them. However, the legislation that is now at the governor's desk also states that districts have the right to change salaries up or down and that constitutes a change thereby turning the status of the contract. It has been a bit like Wisconsin here without the national exposure.

Hope to hear from you before you are here so we can purposefully schedule time.

LOL, Janet

Unknown said...

Brenda,

Have you looked at the Japan quake impact area? How close is this to where you were at?

Janet