Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Short day at work

We all got to go home early today!  About 12:30 I was eating my lunch at my desk, when the electricity went out.  Emergency lights came on.  No one knew what was going on.  So we all waited around.  I work on the 11th floor of a 12 floor building.  After about 20 minutes, someone called the guard at the lobby desk.  He did not know what was going on either, but thought we should evacuate.  We took the stairs down to the second floor where there is a skywalk to the Hilton Hotel.  This is the scene that I saw.

Emergency vehicles were everywhere.  Rumors say that there was smoke in the parking garage beneath our building.  After another half hour wait, we were told to go home.  Good thing I grabbed my stuff and took it with me when I left the building.  Whatever work needed done will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Was that photo taken with your phone or did you have your camera with you?

Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Brenda in DC said...

This is a phone picture. I find myself using it more. My camera is not very good quality pictures and the phone is always with me for those unplanned shots.