Saturday, August 11, 2012

Last week at NSF

After I got back from Korea, I had one week to finish up my fellowship at NSF.  It was full of goodbyes, cleaning out my desk, computer, and office, awards, and a goodbye party.  Turning in my security badge the last day really made it final.  I could not enter the building again without my badge.  This has been such an experience to live in DC and work at NSF and be a part of the Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship for two years.  I still cannot believe I got to do it, but I am so glad I did.  Maybe I will write a book some day.

My team received the Director's Collaboration Award for the CS Bytes and Bites Publication.



Dr. Suresh, Director of National Science Foundation congratulating me on the award.


My mentor and friend, Harriet Taylor.  I will be forever grateful to her for making this NSF fellowship possible for me.


My division have a party for me and and others that were leaving.  It is a tradition for my division, that when someone leaves they write and sing an original song for the occasion.  

The day before I was leaving, someone broke into my apartment and made a mess of my boxes that I had already for shipping.


The final day, my things are being loaded on the truck for shipping to Boise, Idaho.

No comments: