Sunday, November 20, 2011

Learning and the Brain Conference

Just returned from Boston where I was attending the Learning and the Brain conference.  This year's conference was titled, Preparing Students for the 21st Century.


Many very well known researchers and writers in the fields of education, learning, and brain research such as Howard Gardner and his theory of multiple intelligences.  It is really fun to be able to attend their presentations and see them in person after having studied their theories in school.




I attended with a friend, Carmelina, and we spent one evening in Little Italy in the North End of Boston.  Saw the Old North Church from Paul Revere fame. Ate dinner in a wonderful little Italian restaurant.  Afterwards waited in line at Mike's Pastries for a memorable mint chocolate chip cannoli. 


I'm getting a little travel weary.  I am home now, but somehow they forgot to put my luggage on the airplane at the Boston airport.  They are shipping it on a later flight, but I will not get it until tomorrow.  I hope it comes first thing in the morning, because I am flying again to Iowa to spend Thanksgiving with Brian and family.



No comments: