Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Midterm Reports

Well, I am well over the halfway mark of my Fellowship in DC.  One requirement is to turn in a written Midterm Report and give a oral Midterm Presentation.  Many of us presented on Monday.  It was very interesting to hear how other Einsteins have been spending their year.  Each of our fellowships is very unique and we all do very different things.  I am always impressed with the quality of people I get to associate with and marvel that I get to be a part of this great group of educators.

We were encouraged to be a little creative with our presentations.  On the the metro ride, I came up with this little ditty.  It is my effort at creativity.  It goes to the tune of The Beverley Hill Billies theme song.

Come listen to a story of a woman named Brenda.
A hard working teacher in secondary ed(a).
And then one day she was surfing on the web,
When up popped an opportunity that won't leave her head.
Fellowship, that is.  One year.  Washington DC.

Well, the first thing you know ol' Brenda's an Einstein.
Kathryn calls and says, "Get away from there."
"NSF is the place you aught to come"
So she loaded up the car and she drove to Washington.
DC, that is.  Monuments and politics.

THE EINSTEIN FELLOWSHIP!!

Yes, I sang it for them :-)



1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm sure you did great. Wish I could have been there to hear the song. ;)